Advertisement

Simone Grateful to God in Making History in Rio Olympic 2016


 Simone Manuel makes history and break a record, all in less than a minute. Manuel became the first African-American woman to win an individual event in Olympic medal  swimming.

Simone Manuel and Penny Oleksiak both touched the wall in 52.70 seconds, breaking the Olympic record by one-hundredth of a second. Sweden's Sarah Sjostrom took the bronze in 52.99.


Manuel leaned her head into her hands and cried when she recognized her historic achievement in a sport that still has few African-Americans.

Simone Manuel the 19, years old Texas-native took her place in Olympic history last Thursday night, becoming the first African-American woman to win gold in swimming after tying with 16 years old Canadian for the top spot in the 100 freestyle.

Simone is so grateful to God He is her background backbone, who grant her grace to become the first African American to win Olympic swimmer. She give God all the glory for seeing her through the season.

MORE: Olympic Profiles in Faith

“All Glory to God. I’m so blessed,” she said in an emotional interview after her historic win.

Simone Manuel has consistently given credit to God for her sucess. After qualifying for the Olympics, Manuel wrote about her faith in a Twitter post.

I “All glory to God. Isn’t he awesome! I am extremely blessed. A long, tough year, but many more good things to come,” she said.

Manuel told NBC after the race that "This medal is not just for me. It's for a whole bunch of people who came before me and have been an inspiration to me. ... It's for all the people after me who believe they can't do it, and I just want to be an inspiration to others that you can do it."

An emotional Manuel was in tears in her post race interview as the historic nature of her win caught up to her.
“All I can say is all glory to God,” Manuel said. “It’s definitely been a long journey these past four years, and I’m just so blessed to have the gold medal.”
Wiping away tears, she said, “This medal is not just for me, it’s for a whole bunch of people who have came before me, and been an inspiration to me and it’s for all the people after me who believe they can’t do it. I want to be an inspiration to them that they can do it.”
On a night when everyone started out talking about Michael Phelps, it was another young swimmer who made American history. Finally the young 20-year-old Simone Manuel became the first black female swimmer to win an Olympic medal for America when she tied for first place in the 100m freestyle Thursday night.
In the last few meters, Manuel caught up to Australian favorite Cate Campbell and touched the wall at 52.70, dead even with 16-year-old Canadian Penny Oleksiak.

Post a Comment

0 Comments